Benefits of giving SIM PoA to sell your property
Once a price has been agreed between buyer and seller there are many documents that need to be prepared, signed and notarised for the sale to go through.
The seller can choose to:
- sign all the documents themselves in the city/country where the property is being sold
- sign all the documents at an Embassy of the country where the property is being sold
- give someone else PoA to act on their behalf to sign all the documents
When selling a property of a client who lives abroad it is Sim Property’s standard practice to take a PoA from the client in order to act on their behalf during the whole process, as there are many benefits for the client, such as:
- you would not have to travel to the country to sign the documents on a specific date (saves time and money)
- notary fees are usually cheaper locally than in foreign Embassy’s
- it can often happen that even after the documents are signed, other documents or amendments need to be signed in order for the sale to go through (these requests could come from the buyers bank or the cadastre etc), and you would have to travel out again to do so and often such documents need to be signed very quickly [this is a really key point]
- you don’t have to worry about what you’re signing as we handle it all for you, which also cuts down on any translation costs
- we are able to receive post on your behalf related to the sale, which stops important documents getting lost
- it gives more confident to the buyer and certainty to the sale process when we know that documents can be signed quickly and on a specific date, so it makes the sales coordination process quicker
If you’re interested in selling a property with us, please don’t hesitate to contact us.